Saint Andrew Monastery – Manastir Sveti Andrej – Манастир Свети Андреја at Lake Matka (Матка Езеро)
This church and monastery dedicated to St. Andrew was built in 1389 along the Treska River (Треска Река) just minutes walking distance from Lake Matka. In the 16th century, a narthex (long-narrow enclosed porch) was added to the church. As a result, the shape of the church is a cross. The frescoes in this church represent a departure from the traditional styles of the middle ages where the figures are more realistically painted.
Due to its close proximity to the hydroelectric dam, and a restaurant within 50 meters where everyone seems to rest an refresh, this monastery is often visited.
Located within the immediate vicinity of the lake is The Assumption of the Virgin Mary Monastery (Манастир Успение на Пресвета Богородица) and the Shishevski Monastery (Шишевски Манастир).