Tikveš Winery – Винарија Тиквеш
Founded in 1885, this winery, the largest in South Eastern Europe, is located in the town of Kavadarci in the heart of the Tikveš wine region. In 2003, through new ownership and investment, the winery has taken a holistic approach to making wines, from the cultivating of the grapes, to harvesting, to wine making, to storage and to the final product in the bottle. Combined with innovation, this has led to increased quality of wines, introduction of new varietals and to international awards placing the winery on the global stage.
Their Classic Line includes twelve wines from different varietals. The white wine selection includes Chardonnay, Grenache Blanc, Riesling (Alexandria), Smederevka, Temjanika and Traminec plus a Kratošija Rozé. Red wines included in the Classic Line are: Alexandria (Cabernet Sauvignon), Cabernet Sauvignon, Kratošija, Merlot and Vranec.
The wine, T’ga za Jug – “Longing for the South”, has been a staple in the winery’s inventory for decades and was created in 1973 in honor of the famous Macedonian poet, Konstantin Miladinov. This is a quality semi-dry red wine made from Vranec with bold colors and bold forest fruit flavors. Konstantin was in Russia when he penned the poem titled “T’ga za Jug”, and here is an excerpt that captures the spirit of the poem:
No, I cannot stay here, no;
I cannot sit upon this frost.
Give me wings and I will don them;
I will fly to our own shores,
Go once more to our own places,
Go to Ohrid and to Struga.
The Alexandria Line of cuvées exhibits the winery’s art of blending combined with affordability. The Alexandria Cuvée – White is a blend of Chardonnay and Riesling, the Alexandria Cuvée – Rosé is a blend of Vranec and Merlot, and the Alexandria Cuvée – Red is a blend of Merlot, Vranec and Cabernet Sauvignon featuring vivid forest fruits such as raspberries, cherries, plums, red and black currant with a well-rounded body and an enjoyable finish.
The Tikveš premium line of wines, Special Selection, embodies quality enology capturing the essence and best attributes of the individual varietals. The Special Selection white wines include Chardonnay, Grenache Blanc, Muscat Ottonel, Rkatsiteli, Sauvignon Blanc and Temjanika. Special Selection reds feature wines from the Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Vranec varietals.
Philippe Cambie, renowned enologist and wine consultant, and the Tikveš team developed a series of “Terroir” wines, Bela Voda and Barovo, named after the location of the vineyards (micro-localities) where the grapes are cultivated. The 2010 Bela Voda Red was graded by Robert Parker and given a score of 94 points.
- The white is a blend of Belan and Chardonnay, is full-bodied, well-rounded and complex wine that begins with a bouquet of daffodils and transcends through a series of fruit flavors and floral notes into a pleasurable long lasting finish.
- The Bela Voda red is blend of Vranec and Plavac, dark rich violet in color, is a full-bodied multi-layered wine that takes one through a parade of black forest fruits such as blue berries, raspberries and cassis (black currant) with an exceptional aftertaste of considerable length.
- The white is a blend of Belan and Chardonnay, possessing an aroma of summer and autumn fruits, peaches and pears with a citrus flower edge, a complex and layered white with more to discover and nice acidity and enjoyable aftertaste.
- The Barovo red wine is a blend of Vranec and Kratosija, is a full-bodied and balanced wine with soft tannins with a wonderful aroma of blackberries, black raspberries, plums and spice with a pleasing palate of dark berries with a touch of chocolate.
“Grozdober” Grape Gathering with Representatives of the Diplomatic Corps in 2015
- Web: http://tikves.com.mk/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +389 (0) 43 447 500; +389 (0) 43 414 024
- Address: 29 Noemvri bb, Kavadarci, Macedonia
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TikvesWinery