Chateau Kamnik Winery – Шато Камник Винарија
This award winning winery, “Kamnik”, is located on a hill in the northeast part of Skopje. It was founded by Ilija Malinkovski whose passion for wine combined with his desire to improve and to demonstrate Macedonia’s capabilities in wine making, led to the creation of this winery in 2004.Through commitment of reinvestment and dedication for continuous improvement this modern facility is nestled within 15 hectares of vineyards. In just a few minutes you can leave the center of Skopje and enter this wine portal and never know that you were in a capital city.
Their commitment to excellence has led to a prestigious line of wines that have won awards locally, regionally, all over Europe and to Israel. Their Cuvée de Prestige 2013 won the Double Gold Medal at the Vinitaly Expo 2015 in Milan, Italy and the Grand Gold Medal at Concours Mondial du Bruxelles 2015 in Belgium
For white wines, the Single Vineyard line features individual wines from the varietals; Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Sauvignon Blanc. From the aromatic grape Temjanika, they craft not only an exquisite white wine, in 2014 they created the “First Macedonian Golden Wine”, Golden Temjanika and they crafted a late harvest Temjanika called Euphoria. From the Chardonnay varietal, their team of oenologists have created a barrel fermented Chardonnay and a sparking Brut white wine.
Chateau Kamnik’s line of red wines include the following:
- Cabernet Sauvignon Late Harvest – rich in color with intense and complex aromas of forest fruits and sour red berries.
- Cuvée de Prestige 2013 – a barriques Bordeaux style blend of Merlot, Carmenere and Vranec, rich in color and an amazing bouquet of blackberries and chocolate.
- Merlot Single Vineyard Reserva – Deep dark ruby in color with excellent bouquet of blackberries and cherries with a touch of chocolate in velvety smooth tannins.
- Montepulciano – This Italian varietal is rich in blackberries and dark cherries.
- Signature Merlot Grand Reserva – rich in dark fruits, cigar aroma, full-bodied, dry and long-lasting and enjoyable aftertaste.
- Ten Barrels Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva – an intense wine with dark red ruby color that is rich in forest fruits especially black currant and blackberry, with touches of vanilla that has been barrel aged for 24 months.
- Ten Barrels Syrah Reserva – an another intense wine with dark red ruby color that is rich in forest fruits especially blackberry, with hints of chocolate that has been barrel aged for 23 months.
- Terroir Vranec Grand Reserva – a superb tribute to the Vranec varietal rich in blackberries, blueberries and plums that has an exceptional aftertaste. Barrel aged for 20 months.
- Winemaker’s Selection – an artisanal blend of Merlot, Vranec and Carménère
Chateau Kamnik has a tasting room and offers wine degustation tours. One can also enjoy one of their wines while enjoying a fine meal at the Hunter’s Lodge. The winery makes wine for the local and regional markets and does export wine to Australia, Canada Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Sweden, and the USA.
- Web: http://www.chateaukamnik.com/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: +389 (0) 2 5111 252
- Address: Kamnik bb, 1000 Skopje, R. Macedonia
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chateau-Kamnik-Winery-44475678994/
Hunter’s Lodge – Kamnik Hotel and Restaurant
Nearby the winery is the Hunter’s Lodge Kamnik Hotel and Restaurant. The restaurant specializes in high quality game dishes and features a wonderful ambient and a warm atmosphere inside and a pleasant and refreshing garden outside. The hotel has 21 rooms, out of which 5 suits, one Deluxe, two Premium and two Standard suits; 16 standard double rooms.
- Breakfast and a fine dining restaurant
- Conference room
- Wi-Fi internet, satellite TV, fax and newspapers
- Ground transfer and tourist information
- Laundry service
- Free outdoor parking area and a special outdoor enclosure for keeping dogs.
- 24h reception