Saint George the Victorious – Sveti Gjorgji Pobedonosec (Св. Ѓорѓи Победоносец) in the village of Mlado Nagoričane (Младо Нагоричане, Mlado Nagorichane)
This church dedicated to St. George is located in the village of Mlado Nagoričane near Kostoperska Karpa (Kostoperski Rid), about 12 kilometers east of the town of Kumanovo. Exact records of when the church was constructed are not available but elements of Armenian and Turkish influence combined with other details indicate the church was likely constructed in the 15th or 16th century. The church is a three-nave basilica on a cruciform base (shaped like a cross) and is built using multi-colored stone blocks.
Renovations were made towards the end of the 16 and beginning of the 17th century (c. 1600 g.). There are old frescoes from 16/17 century. A new dome was and the iconostasis was installed in the 19th century.
There are two other churches in Mlado Nagoričane: one to dedicated Saint Petka (Paraskeva) and one to St. Mary (Sv Bogorodica). Also very close by in the village of Staro Nagoričane there is the 11th century church of St. George the Great Martyr.
Google Map for Mlado Nagorichane
- Source – Museum of Kumanovo