St. Mary– Holy Mother of God – Sveta Bogorodica Zahumska – Света Богородица Захумска near Zaum
This church dedicated to St. Mary was built in 1299 and is located at Zaum on the eastern shore of Lake Ohrid at the foot on Mount Galičica. The frescoes were painted in 1361. An inscription above the entrance reveals the date of construction and of the frescoes.1
This Church, located near the fishing village of Trpejca, is only accessible by boat. One particular item noteworthy about this church is that is has a very rare fresco of the Holy Mother breast feeding the Son of God, featured in pics 5 & 6 in the gallery below.